Friday 6 September 2013

Not long now

Hello people. I'm finally about to start at Warsash Maritime Academy on Monday. It's been a strange 12 months or so what with deciding upon a new and completely different career. It felt so strange to have not even finished my degree before having an alternative career lined up. Motivating myself to practise for my Final Recital suddenly became very difficult, and it all seemed so irrelevant. Anyway, that's all done and I'm glad I did work hard for it, otherwise I would have been extremely disappointed in myself.

I also played in my first and last professional orchestra concert a couple of weeks ago with the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment. It was a truly fantastic experience, and a great way to leave the music industry on a high note (or low in the case of the double bass...). Now that that's behind me I can really focus on my future ahead and I just can't wait to get started.

I'm in the process of packing at the moment. It's tricky because I just moved out of London to go back home for a week, and so I have to unpack everything and wash it, then pack it all up again to move down to Warsash without forgetting anything. I now have to decide really just how much I need as I can't get a lift and have to take the train. Somehow I don't think I'll be needing the hammock, but questions like how much watersports kit to bring down are a bit trickier. Will I need the drysuit or just a couple of layers? It's all in piles on the spare bed, but I have a feeling none of it will get packed until Saturday night just before I go to bed and spend the whole night staring at the ceiling, not sleeping.

I'm puppy-sitting for my sister today, which means that I can't really do much or go out, but I also can't go upstairs and leave him on his own. So I can't really do much that's actually useful, hence the blog post :p I've already had three play fights today and his 'mummy' isn't due back for another 4 hours. I'm not sure how I'll keep him occupied. I hope he likes watching Family Guy because I think that's what I'll do for a bit.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment